“One swing to rule them all, one swing to find them. One swing to bring them all and in the swoleness bind them.”
- Gandalf the GAINS
If there’s one thing that captivates, entrances, and inspires wonder in us, it’s timeless, epic tales.
The Exodus from Egypt. David slaying Goliath. Daniel in the lions’ den.
In almost every case they have a central theme: triumph over the impossible.
Or the seemingly impossible, anyway.
Every day we overcome mini hurdles, micro-challenges, and small-scale problems – and every time we overcome them, we get a brief but well-deserved rush of satisfaction, take a moment to rejoice in our tiny triumph, and move on to the next thing.
Yet at the same time, at the dawn of each new day every one of us is faced with a challenge that – left unaddressed – can go from the small ones we are accustomed to conquering to one so large it starts to feel like we need a miracle to overcome it:
That challenge is, of course, our strength and health.
When you’re a young buck, it seems like all you need to do is step foot in a gym, toss around some iron, and *BAM* – you’re in shape.
But what happens when you’re a little more seasoned, have a demanding career, a spouse and kids you want to spend quality time with, and various grown up responsibilities ranging from fixing a leaky pipe to chauffeuring the kids to various sports practices? Gone are the days of long, meandering hour-and-a-half workouts at a faraway gym.
And here’s where most people get it wrong:
They assume that not enough time is their new problem – and THAT is one hurdle they can’t overcome.
Yet what if I told you that the key is NOT to find, create, or bargain for “enough time” or “more time” to achieve your goals, but to absorb more of the gains lurking just out of reach of your standard training approaches by rearranging your training in a way that magnetically attracts:
- More brute strength
- More raw power
- And more eye-popping muscular might
You might think it sounds like a dream, and yet many of the best and brightest minds in strength have made it a reality since time immemorial.
And since the Summer is now upon us, pool and beach season have arrived, and our desire to look swole, shredded, and secksy are right behind them, there’s no better time to kick your gains into high gear without having to clear your schedule.
My latest challenge, Lord of the Swings, can show you how.
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why most kettlebell swing training completely, utterly, and miserably FAILS to make you strong, powerful, or athletic – and the 5 key training tweaks that can launch your gains into the stratosphere quickly, simply, and effectively (page 14)
- The little-known sprinters’ secret that can make not just your swings, but ALL of your kettlebell ballistic exercises more powerful and more effortless – in some cases in as little as just one set! (page 16)
- Why one of the most popular drills for learning the swing – the hardstyle plank – might be one of the WORST drills imaginable for improving your swings – and why two unorthodox variations of the plank work light years better! (page 17)
- Why the Original Strength resets are the perfect ‘Yin’ to kettlebells’ ‘Yang’ – and how to sneakily use even the gentlest of Resets to pack almost freaky amounts of power into your swings (not to mention cleans, high pulls, and snatches) (page 17)
- Why the greatest strength luminaries the world has ever known all sang the praises of the mighty swing – from a European wrestling and strongman champ with a whopping 269 lb one-arm military press (not a typo) to one of America’s earliest weightlifting trailblazers and more. (page 7)
- The #1 piece of advice from one of history’s strongest powerlifters who used swings (and nothing else) to break a long-standing plateau, heal his achy, breaky low back, and drive his deadlift over 800 lbs (page 9)
- The 5 reasons why most kettlebell swing training does not prepare you for kettlebell strength success – and how a few small-but-mighty tweaks to your swing practice can turn the tides of your long-standing strength plateaus in as little as one workout. (pages 9-10)
- How to use the #1 and #2 most overlooked OS resets to positively DEMOLISH the top “hidden killers” of swing success that keep most people from ever swinging (or snatching) heavy (page 15)
- A SECRET way of arranging exercises used by Paul Anderson, “The Wonder of Nature”, to radically increase his world-record strength – and how YOU can apply it to your strength training in general, and the kettlebell swing in particular. (page 19)
- Rock your way to a stronger kettlebell swing – WITHOUT ever even putting your hands or knees on the ground!
- The H.o.H. swing and the C.A.R. Swing – and why they hold the key to your domination of not just the one-arm swing, but of the clean, the high pull, and even the snatch (pages 12 and 13)
- a 21-day protocol to take your swings from ‘crappy’ to ‘snappy’ in 10 minutes or less each day (pages 24-31)
- Much, much more
Cost for this challenge is just $37, and you can get it here:
Plus, to celebrate the triumphant maiden voyage of this splendiferous challenge, between now and July 1st I’m tossing in these 3 badazz bonuses:
- The Lord of the Swings Expansion Pack – not content to stop your killer calisthenics and kettlebell conquest after just 21 short days? This expansion pack will show you how to keep those gains coming simply, effectively, and time-efficiently even AFTER you’ve completed your 21-day foray into explosive and sensational strength building (hint: it also serves as an excellent companion to the Specialized Variety Guide) ($37 value)
- The Specialized Variety Guide – Unlock a secret passageway to a collection of specialized variations of the kettlebell swing for even more and greater explosive full-body strength to put directly to good use carving out a path toward greater and greater ballistic gains – for your swings, cleans, high pulls, snatches, and more ($35 value)
- Going Beyond – Once you’ve cut your teeth on the foundational and specialized swing variations, the time will come for you to start working on advanced levels of ballistic strength and power (potentially ratcheting up the power not just of the other kettlebell ballistic drills, but even the grinds like squats, presses, and more). I show you some of my favorite drills, skills, and tactics for building jaw-dropping levels of explosive strength at any age ($33 value)