Back in the weird and wacky world known as “nearly 4,000 years ago”, there were two brothers, Jacob and Esau, who couldn’t have been more different.
Jacob was kindly and mild, and Esau was violent and wild.
Through some intrigue and craftiness, the dweeby, nerdy, and ever-so-slightly younger Jacob upended the then-established social order by getting his father to give HIM the blessings and inheritance originally intended for his dumb jock older brother, who was technically supposed to receive it simply by birthright (i.e. having been born a few seconds earlier).
And so it is with strength today.
If you are anything like me – a guy who was picked next-to-last in gym class for the entirety of his public school career and had to learn to be witty so as to avoid daily swirlies and being hung up by his underwear on coat racks – then you KNOW that strength doesn’t come easy to you like it came to those Esau-like jocks in high school.
What you may NOT know is that there is a faster, more direct path to real-world, no BS strength.
And that path is movement.
And not just any movement; movement that our body’s very foundations are based upon – namely gait (i.e. your walking pattern).
Lifting kettlebells and doing calisthenics is a great way to get stronger…
But only if you’re STRONG to begin with!
And that means having a body that moves the way it was made to move.
One of the best and most direct ways I know to build super strength is with loaded gait pattern movements – movements which really have no “technique” per se because they are so natural your body already knows how to do them. They are:
Combined under the roof of a singular, laser-focused plan, these most primal of movements can break the shackles holding back your birthright of strength and help you lead your own personal Exodus out of weakness, stiffness, and brittleness and guide you into the Promised Land of new and exciting levels of strength – both out in the unpredictable real world AND in your kettlebell and calisthenics workouts.
The 21-day Exodus Challenge 2.0 is a totally revamped, remodeled, and revitalized version of my ORIGINAL Exodus Challenge, and will take you by the hand and lead you to the Land of Milk and Honey – in this case, eye-popping, unmistakable strength, stamina, and resilience gains.
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why traditional kettlebell & calisthenics moves are only PART of the equation – and why loaded gait pattern drills hold the ULTIMATE key to no BS strength gains in short order
- The Core 4 gait pattern movements – crawling, carrying, dragging, and marching – and how to progress them methodically and simply to take your strength from ‘mild’ to ‘wild’
- Some progressions, variations, and drills for the Original Strength-approved Core 4 that you’ve likely NEVER seen before
- How these 4 humble-yet-righteous moves can help you lay the foundations for huge PRs in Get Ups, presses, Pullups, snatches, one-arm pushups, and so much more
- My no-nonsense method of “power pairing” – putting together complementary gait drills to make 1+1=3 in your workouts
- How to get in, out, and old-school STRONG in just 10 minutes a day
- The head-slappingly simply way of increasing your mobility – WITHOUT yanking & cranking on your joints all the live-long day
- Tear past frustrating plateaus with ease and confidence – and glide toward new peaks of power in your traditional kettlebell & bodyweight workouts
- Forge strength, stamina, and never-say-die resilience that carries over into your workouts and life
- Much, much more
And because this is the triumphant return of one of my earliest and most endearing challenges, I’m tossing in these radical, no BS bonuses:
- Exodus Challenge Variety Guide – all the advanced ‘B-side’ drills and skills that didn’t make it into the final product – and my tips, tactics, technniques, and strategies on how, when, and why to use them ($21 value)
- Exodus Expansion Pack – Wanna keep the Gain Train rollin’ into the station for many more weeks with new and exciting progress coming right along with it? This guide will show you my wily ways to make that happen ($18 value)
- Going Beyond: How to Apply These Moves Directly to Your Kettlebell & Calisthenics Skills – my “insider secrets” to applying these movements directly to your favorite traditional kettlebell and calisthenics drills just like the OS resets – for raw, no-holds-barred strength and power that come fast, long last, and kick azz! ($22 value)