Forge piston-like legs – Craft a ‘fist-proof’ core – Build race-horse stamina & never-say-die resilience – Break the shackles holding back your birthright of movement…
And lay the foundation for next-level total body strength!
A few short years ago, I was leafing through the various pages of America’s favorite book – Facebook – when an article someone had posted caught one of my four eyes.
Now, I don’t remember the title of this article, just the topic: the strength and athleticism of ancient man vs. modern man. The article went on to detail on a recent discovery in Africa: footprints left in petrified mud showing a moment frozen in time where an ancient man was chasing down a big game animal with a spear.
I thought that was pretty interesting, but one thing in particular caught my eye: based on the distance between footsteps and the depth they made in the mud and probably a few other factors as well, the scientists studying it made an eye-popping discovery:
This caveman was running just slightly slower than Usain Bolt – the fastest man in recorded history!
Again: in mud, while chasing an animal, and holding a spear or weapon of some sort.
Contrast that with the mega-impressive Usain Bolt, who can run a little bit faster only by wearing custom-made shoes that you’d have to take out a second mortgage to afford, and on a specially designed track to eliminate as many external variables as possible to maximize speed.
Can you imagine just how brutishly strong, freakishly powerful, and unstoppably resilient you’d have to be to pull off such a feat?
Far fetched though it all may sound, it’s really par for the course for the ancient world.
Our ferocious forebears were so much stronger, so much more athletic, and so much tougher than us that many of the “far fetched” stories we here are often not the tall tales we thought they were.
People back in the ancient world were simply much more physically active!
In addition to having labor-intensive jobs from their youth, it wasn’t uncommon for them to be on their feet from sunrise to sunset, constantly engaged in their birthright of MOVEMENT.
And one of those most common of movements was the gait pattern – i.e. your walking pattern.
While most people overlook it and stick with ‘traditional’ exercises alone, if you’ve ever spent a few weeks devoting some time in your training to crawling (which is the base for all of your gait pattern movements) you know just how much stronger your gait pattern makes EVERYTHING on your body.
Your presses get stronger. Your squats become effortless. Your swings float more easily. Even your pullups can get a nice boost!
And because standing gait pattern movements, like marching, cross crawls, and even lunges are basically like “crawling 2.0”, they grab the baton from crawling movements and keep running with them to take your strength, stamina, resilience, and athletic might to all new heights.
My latest challenge – the 2.0 Gaitrix challenge – will show you how.
In this totally revamped challenge you will learn:
- How to kick the raw, brute strength building mechanisms inside your body into high gear with two Original Strength’s ‘secret weapons’ – marching and skipping – for faster, more time-efficient workoutsIn just 8 minutes per day!
- A hybridized version of Frankenstein-like proportions of two of the classic yet oft-overlooked lower body calisthenics drills – lunges and hip bridges – to unlock your hidden athleticism while packing new strength and power into every nook, cranny, crevice, and corner of your Soft Machine
- How daily marching helped the diminutive-yet-fearsome Roman Legionnaires to positively DOMINATE hulking, brutish Celtic and Gaulic troops with ease
- The ‘Missing Link’ in 80% of the Original Strength resets – and how movements like marching and skipping not only fill that gap, but can add loads of resilience to your spine in the process (hint: it has to do with your arms, and can be found at the bottom of page 8)
- The ‘Fab 5’ marching variations – and how to use them to bulletproof your hips, knees, ankles, feet, and more – all while loosening the restrictions holding back your upper body strength (page 9)
- 6 hard-hitting variations to transform the standard-issue lunge into an indispensable power tool for freakish levels of lower body power, resilience, and athleticism – all WITHOUT adding a single pound of external weight (page 10)
- The ‘hidden and forbidden’ secret behind very possibly increasing your *pullup* power – WITHOUT doing a single extra pullup – by focusing on this ONE lower body muscle group (page 12)
- The best (and least known) technique in my cadre of dastardly drills for kicking your ‘rear wheel drive’ into high gear – no added weight needed, just 4 no BS progressions (page 13)
- The “secret” movement every child on earth knows how to do that (unbeknownst to them) unlocks their unstoppable athletic ability – and how it can do the same for you (page 14)
- A skeleton crew of pin-point stretches to revitalize, rejuvenate, and restore your lower body – so you can perform at your max day in and day out (page 15)
- A 28-day, no-holds-barred program designed to be done in conjunction with your current workouts to unleash your athleticism while you continue to hone, sharpen, and deepen your raw, untethered strength (pages 20-27)
- Much, much more!
Cost is just $37, which amounts to $1.50 per workout – less than your daily cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Plus, because this is the maiden voyage of the 2.0 verison of this classic challenge, between now and 11:59 pm October 1st, I am tossing in this bountiful bevvy of badazz bonuses:
- March Your Way to New PRs – A guide to show you my favorite “secret” marching and cross-crawl variations to increase your pullup, military press, and squatting strength (almost) instantly – (a $23 value)
- The Ultimate Compendium of Old-School Badazz Leg Exercises (including a guide to how I used bodyweight leg exercises to make even my heaviest kettlebell exercises feel lighter, easier, and stronger) (a $17 value)
- Harness Your Hidden Strength – My go-to resource for taking your full-body strength to the next level from the ground up by adding the “missing link” of dragging weight for rapid advances in both full-body strength and stamina as well as applied lower leg strength ($31 value)
There are no reviews yet.