In classic kettlebell terminology, “The Bulldog” refers to the 88 lb (40 kg) kettlebell; a bell that signifies that you’ve conquered enough strength with the 70 lb (32 kg) bell (a Rite of Passage in some far-flung Russian villages) and are ready to trade up to the BIG guns to dominate even more weakness.
And when it comes to leveling up like that, a great first step is to enlist the power contained in this collection of some of my most popular and most transformative challenges ever:
- Dawn of the Deadbug
- the 28-day challenge designed around one of the most powerful (yet most underused) Original Strength resets – the dead bug – for eye-popping strength and unparalleled resilience
- Get Up Domination:
- A 21-day Guide to Take You From ‘Chump’ to ‘Champ’ in the World’s Most Epic Strength Feat
- Power Up Your Pullup:
- A 28-day challenge to help you smash weakness, boost strength, and take you from ‘chump’ to ‘champ’ in the world’s greatest calisthenics exercise
For more information (and to see some cool transformation stories from those who have done these challenges before) scroll down to read about what’s inside:
Dawn of the Deadbug
“Everything popular is wrong”
I like to think of myself as a champion of the underdog – especially when it comes to training.
And while I don’t have a big superhero logo emblazoned upon my chest (yet), I’d like to think that one day my reputation will precede me enough that some fine, enterprising citizen will be happy to gift me a totally sweet logo I can put on a shirt or maybe a superhero costume that will allow me to go out and fight all the ‘exercise crimes’ I see on a regular basis.
One such crime, as far as I’m concerned, is overlooking epic moves.
While a lot of folks are antsy to simply jump onto the Next Big Thing and do that until they get bored, I’m always looking to find ‘hidden gold’ in movements, drills, and exercises that people are either too impatient to spend much time on or simply don’t know they exist.
Example: the dead bug
I’ve been harping on my students for years to do these, and those who heed my heroic words are also those who start to see incredible results in their training.
–More explosive swings, cleans, and snatches
-Easier (and heavier) squats, overhead presses, pushups, rows, and pullups
-Happier low backs, deeper squats, and even toe touches (some people go on to do their first toe touches ever after racking up loads of dead bugs)
And even though none of these students have yet taken it upon themselves to come up with a super sick superhero logo for me, I forgive them. For now.
Given my penchant for shining a spotlight on lesser-appreciated but highly potent movements, I decided to distill and organize all the notes I’ve compiled on my and my students’ deadbug training over the last 8+ years and put it into one concise, potent source.
And thus Dawn of the Deadbug was born!
It’s a 28-day challenge of 100 total dead bugs per day designed to take you by the hand and lead you toward new and exciting peaks of kettlebell and bodyweight strength.
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why traditional core exercises have failed you – and why deadbugs ‘fill the gap’ that even the best classic ab exercises leave behind
- The #1 ‘hidden’ muscle group you need to train for a stronger core and bulletproof body(hint: almost no one trains it, but do this well and you’ll notice major improvements in your pistol squats, one-arm pushups, and other bodyweight feats – in some cases within a few minutes)
- My sure-fire “3x3x3” method – 3 key dead bug variations, 3 tweaks to HOW to perform them, and 3 rarely-seen, “secret twists” on the move that ratchet up the impact progressively each week – WITHOUT adding reps, switching to different variations, or changing routines!
- Hammer out the muscle instabilities in your core that are hamstringing your progress – both in your upper AND lower body kettlebell + calisthenics moves – in short, concise “blitzkrieg” routines that will have you in, out, and stronger in mere minutes a day
- Make even your heaviest kettlebells float overhead in presses and snatches, and knock out heavier swings, front squats, rows, and pullups with ease
- Fortify the weak links in your crawling, marching, and loaded carries and lay the foundation for a stronger, more powerful gait pattern – guaranteed
- Raw beginner? No worries: this dead-simple, no-fuss progression sequence will take you from humble beginner to human wrecking ball in short order – all while protecting your low back and hips in the process
- 1 super-simple dead bug modification that few trainers mention and even FEWER know about that make your low back and midsection ‘anti-fragile’ – so you actually PROFIT off of the challenges and stressors that life throws at you – making your forward progress a near certainty
- How to apply dead bugs into your existing program to support it rather than drag you down
- Much, much more
Get Up Domination
One of the movements that molded many a mighty man back in the rough-and-tumble days of the old-school strongmen was none other than the Turkish Get Up – a favorite of both the crowds – who delighted in seeing it performed – and the strongman performers themselves.
And modern science and experience has borne out its all-around epicness for building damage-resistant shoulders, a mighty upper back, and full-body strength and coordination for any occasion.
In my 21-day challenge, Get Up Domination, I’ll show you:
- Why the standard approach to learning the Turkish Get Up is a waste of time, frustrating for the learner, and just plain WRONG – and how to use a creative blend of simple programming tweaks and the Original Strength resets to radically shorten your learning curve and potentially hit more PRs as well!
- Why the old school strongmen believed the Turkish Get Up reigned supreme above all other weighted exercises
- How to train the Get Up to help potentially hit military press PRs in record time WITHOUT beating up your shoulders in the process
- My go-to sequence for dominating the Get Up in short order – and how I used it to help a 40-something busy father of 3 go from 16 kg Get Ups to 32 kg Get Ups in one month!
- The #1 “heretical” Get Up variation that most coaches “pooh-pooh” – and why it’s perfect for bulletproofing the shoulders, ironing out weaknesses, and setting the stage for heavier (and safer) Get Ups, presses, and snatches
- Top Original Strength reset that took one female coach from a 53 lb (24 kg) max get up to a whopping 80 lb (36 kg) Get Up in just 4 short weeks!
- One class of Original Strength resets stands head and shoulders above the rest for its ability to craft a crazy strong Get Up. Learn my favorite blend of these movements and speed ahead toward smoother, stronger, and heavier get ups in no time
- Much, much more
Power Up Your Pullup
(this was done by a guy who weighed 240 lbs, or 109 kg!)
Smash your pullup plateaus – Boost your raw upper body power – Carve a bold and bright path toward new and exciting levels of no BS upper body STRENGTH!
Harness the classic, time-honored pullup-building techniques & tactics of champion gymnasts, soldiers, and special operators to jack your pullup power through the roof!
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why conventional pullup progressions have FAILED you – and why a return to the old school methods can help kick start your long-stalled process
- Russian rep scheme’ that makes increasing your pullup numbers a breeze
- The ‘stop-slow-go’ approach to performing each rep that turns your body into a pullup performance powerhouse
- Can’t do a single rep? Fix that with the subtle art of doing pullups…WITHOUT doing pullups!
- Technique tweaks to take your pullups from ‘weak’ to ‘freak’!
- Stuck at the 1-4 rep range? Israeli movement maestro Ido Portal’s favorite pullup progression that ACTUALLY delivers big results (no rubber band or silly machine required)
- Why true pullup mastery begins OFF the pullup bar – and how to translate floor-based pullup drills into gravity-defying upper body strength
- My 28-day protocol designed to meet you where you are and transport you to where you wanna be – whether you are at 0 pullups, 1-4 pullups, or 5+ pullups
- Detailed technique tips, tactics, and strategies to help you take advantage of the natural and little known physical processes that make pullups a cinch
- My favorite go-to Original Strength resets that clear the path for smoother, stronger pullups
- Much, much more!
NOTE: This deal expires November 29th at 11:59 pm, so DO NOT dilly dally!