In the world of traditional kettlebell training, the buck stopped at The Beast – a massive, unwieldy 106 lbs (48 kg) chunk of raw iron: friends only with gravity and only begrudgingly willing to hand over the strength you crave after much sweat and hard work on your part.
Yet many enterprising gireviks and girevichkas (kettlebell-hoisting men and women) throughout the years have indeed shaken hands with The Beast as one does with an opponent before a jiu jitsu match – only to man-handle, grapple with, and ultimately make the Beast SUBMIT to their will!
So what do you do once you’ve proven your mettle to the heaviest of all kettlebells?
You make even heavier ones!
Though many traditionalists have scoffed, scowled, and even outright screamed about it, kettlebells that now DWARF the Beast can be found all over the place – breaking with tradition and forging a bold new path toward previously unheard-of levels of strength.
And so it’s only appropriate that I name this package after what *I* think these heavier bells should rightfully be called…
Just as the Behemoth will forge bold, unstoppable strength in your Soft Machine, so, too, will this small army of my most hard-hitting, strength-crafting courses and programs:
- Bodyweight Mastery
- The Definitive Course on Dominating the Upper Echelons of Calisthenics Strength: 1-arm pushups, pistol squats, L-sit pullups, Handstand Pushups, Hanging Leg Raises, and the Back Bridge
- Kettlebell Mastery
- The No-Holds-Barred, Never-Before-Seen Methodology for Conquering the Big 10 Kettlebell Exercises – and Laying a Foundation for a Lifetime of Bold, Badass Kettlebell Strength Success
- My ‘Black Book of Strength Secrets’ that I use as my ‘Trump Card’ to give my students from around the world an unfair advantage in their war against weakness – to help them carve out bold new levels of raw, unadulterated power, regardless of how many plateaus, frustrations, or lack of progress they’ve previously seen
- Crash Course in Rings
- My classic, 6-week course demystifying one of the most potent weapons in the calisthenics enthusiasts’ arsenal – gymnastics rings – which shows you how to harness their power at ANY strength level by dominating bent-arm, straight-arm, and even leg exercises that can catapult your strength into the stratosphere
- The Experimental Original Strength Protocol
- My ‘Magnum Opus of Movement’ – a 21-day course showing you how to maximize the power of the revolutionary Original Strength system in ways you never thought possible, all while clearing a path to victory after victory in your favorite kettlebell and calisthenics moves.
“Success leaves clues.”
- Tony Robbins
I’m not a huge Tony Robbins fan, but there’s no denying it: every once in a while he belches out a gem-like truisim, and this is one of them.
For best results, don’t re-invent the wheel. Look at how others succeeded.
And when it comes to moving the body, believe me: whatever you want to achieve has already been done – and probably by someone less intelligent, with less time, and less equipment. Hell, maybe they were even ugly, too. Some people really get piled on!
Fortunately, you’re not in that situation. However, there’s probably still one situation you DO find yourself in:
“I’ve been stuck at the same number of pullups/pushups/pistol progression for ages and I just can’t seem to move forward. Maybe I’m just not cut out for calisthenics”
“I’ve been trying for ages, but I still can’t even do a single one-arm pushup”
“I’d love to take my bodyweight training to the next level but have no idea where to even start”
If any of this sounds like you, trust me: you are not alone. When I got started with bodyweight training, good information was few and far between, and most of the success I had with myself – and later my students – came purely through trial, error, experimentation, and research.
Fortunately, I’ve learned a lot in the last 9 years, and I’ve worked with loads of people just like you: people with some ‘mileage’ on their Soft Machine, with minimal time to train, and with big ambitions for their strength and personal development in spite of it all.
And because calisthenics training programs for REAL people are still few and far between, I decided to put together what ended up becoming my most popular course ever: The Bodyweight Mastery Course.
After years of gathering new information, case studies, personal experience, and teaching workshops all over planet earth, I put together the best, most proven powerful information into a one-stop shop for calisthenics power.
It is far and away my most popular course ever – and it just even better!
For the first time ever, I’m including a coaching group alongside the classic course and its 2-phase program to help you learn not just the nuts and bolts of mastering your bodyweight, but to do so among like-minded peers from around the world who want to encourage you, cheer you on, and offer the support that you may not get from your family and friends.
In this course you will learn:
- The principles, practices, and keystone concepts that make for successful bodyweight training – regardless of your age or experience level
- How to go from raw and wriggling beginner to certifiable badazz in calisthenics the faster, easier, and simpler way – by cutting out all the ‘fluff’ and focusing solely on the exercises and progressions that deliver the biggest, most bodacious results
- The ‘zero-to-hero’ path toward greatness in each of the 6 major calisthenics strength movements:
- Gymnastics-style pullups
- One-arm pushups
- Pistol squats
- Hanging leg raises
- Back bridges
- Handstand pushups
- A little known but highly potent 3-step sequence used by the world’s most fearsome martial artists to ratchet up their bone-crushing striking power since time immemorial, and how to co-opt it to your calisthenics practice, so you can bust open your hidden strength reserves in a matter of minutes…
…and turn each and every bodyweight exercise and progression into a power tool to blast through your previous plateaus!
- Much, much more
You’ll also get
- A worksheet with each movement to track your starting point and progress every step of the way (as well as pointers on how to structure your training for maximum impact based on your current level of strength and fitness)
- Full-color photos and detailed descriptions to lead you by the hand from where you are right now to your ultimate calisthenics goals
- Trouble-shooting guides and helpful pointers to avoid common mistakes
- Over 2 ½ hours of in-depth video footage walking you through every one of the prerequisites and progressions for all of the Big 6 calisthenics strength movements
The cost to attend one of my Bodyweight Mastery workshops is upwards of $250 USD – a very fair price given the amount of detail we go into (and the number of PRs many people hit by the end of the course). Getting all this same material for this low of a price is an outright steal!
I don’t know about you, but I still remember my first-ever dance with the kettlebell.
It was sometime in March or April of 2008 in my friend Drew’s driveway. He had been talking up a storm about kettlebells for months, and finally on a whim I accepted his invitation to swing by his house and try a kettlebell workout.
The rest, as they say, is history.
While I remember paltry few details about the workout itself, one thing I remember distinctly was that my technique sucked. Bad.
Like anybody, I picked up the weightroom classics easily– bicep curls, chest presses, tricep extensions, etc – because they’re such an indelible part of the Western culture.
Not so with kettlebells.
In fact, to this day, despite all the countless books, DVDs, YouTube videos, and certified instructors out there, it is a *rarity* to see even the most athletic and physically competent of people pick up a kettlebell and knock out some top-notch swings, presses, Turkish Get Ups, and other moves WITHOUT committing some grievous (and sometimes DANGEROUS) errors.
Despite getting one-on-one instruction, it’s not uncommon to see even athletes and personal trainers take months or even years before they’re banging out professional-level technique.
Most kettlebell instructors don’t know how to address students’ REAL issues!
And they’re not ignoring them, either. They just don’t know they even exist.
No matter your level of enthusiasm or length of experience, modern sedentary life has dulled our natural movement abilities and hidden certain “bewby traps” somewhere along our path toward kettlebell greatness. And whether those traps lay in your movement, technique, or physical development, the only approach that will TRULY blow those blockades into smithereens like James Bond’s rocket-launching car in The Living Daylights is a multi-pronged attack on these issues and more.
My latest, long-time-in-the-works course Kettlebell Mastery will show you how to do just that.
In this course you will learn:
- A 5-step system to break the chains holding you back, smash the road blocks in your path, and launch your strength and power through the stratosphere using little-known drills, techniques, and strategies that not 1 in 100 kettlebell instructors know.
- Why the “cookie cutter” kettlebell progressions have failed you – and how to make up for lost time no matter your age or experience level
- The ‘Big 10’ kettlebell moves – swing, Get Up, squat, row, clean, press, lunge, single leg deadlift, high pull, and snatch – and all my favorite ‘dirty tricks’ to make them light years easier
- #1 thing almost no kettlebell instructor, course, or certification is teaching – and why it can make or break your success (even if you’re a grizzled ol’ kettlebell vet)
- Universal and immutable laws of the kettlebell training universe – and how they apply to EVERY kettlebell move there is
- Original Strength for Brute Strength – how to turn the Original Strength resets you know and love into power tools to drastically shorten the time it takes to dominate each and every major kettlebell exercise
- 3 things you must do for each kettlebell exercise BEFORE you even start on progressions
- A hybrid kettlebell/bodyweight drill dayum near guaranteed to super charge your snatch strength in less than a minute.(I learned this one from Tim Anderson, and I almost kicked myself for not thinking of it myself!)
- How to get brute strong with your kettlebells WITHOUT wrecking your joints in the process
- How to use a pair of gymnastics rings to go from ‘chump’ to ‘champ’ in swings, cleans, high pulls, and even snatches in record time
- World-renowned strength coach and kettlebell expert Dan John’s favorite go-to method for eliminating frustration and knocking out beautiful (and powerful) squats in just minutes
- Channel the spirit of Bruce Lee’s most famous strike – the one-inch punch – to make snatch frustrations a thing of the past
- A super-slow Original Strength reset that will make your military press feel lighter than ever before – and pave the path to new and eye-popping PRs
- The head-slappingly simple way to shave days – even WEEKS – off of the time it takes to learn the Turkish Get Up
- A genius way of learning a flawless one-arm swing – while still keeping both hands on the bell
- Troubleshooting the most common mistakes of each technique – so you can eliminate plateaus and speed ahead
- A brand-new, never-before-seen 6-week program designed to fast track you past the plateaus, frustrations, road blocks, and dead ends – and into rejuvenated progress and new PRs
- Much, much more
“The Flexible Steel Ankle Openers from Strongevity were a revelation. After performing just one set of each, I felt an immediate and significant increase in my hip and t-spine mobility, especially rotationally. And at my chiropractor appointment that evening, my doc commented that he had not felt my spine move so well in years. Another win from Aleks – thank you for helping to keep me young and strong!”
- Stu Greenbaum
Back in the early 90s, there was a huge slew of anti-drug commercials on TV.
Day-glo colors, awkward-looking clothing, and bad hairstyles reigned supreme in most of these 30-second spots.
But one really sticks out in my memory for being particularly effective, showing a guy running from a cop with the background voice saying “nobody says ‘I wanna be a junkie when I grow up’.”
And when you are a kid, thinking about what you wanna be when you grow up is pretty much always fresh in your mind (in case you were wondering, I wanted to be a paleontologist because I loved dinosaurs and I loved digging in the dirt; seemed like the perfect job).
And if you were as scrawny and weak as me, the thought that you’d be strong and powerful one fine day in the distant future was probably also ever-present in your mind.
Now, most of us think that the best time to have gotten strong would’ve been when they were younger than they are now. And that’s not wrong, but realistically speaking very few meatheads back then (or hell, even now) know how to impart such wisdom upon their young, wide-eyed charges.
I knew plenty of kids who got seriously hurt in high school weightlifting classes at the hands of well-meaning “coaches” who were naturals when it came to lifting, but severely handicapped when it came to teaching these techniques, let alone programming and proper progression.
Going through high school as a weak, scrawny, and uncoordinated kid lit a fire in me to seek out, test, and gather the best and most effective ways of getting stronger at any age – so that those who, like me, had to develop a wicked sharp wit to overcome the embarrassment of being weak and awkward could finally take hold of their birthright of strength and march forward with physical confidence at ANY age.
And thus, Strongevity was born.
It’s an official handbook showing you the ins and outs of some of the best pieces of knowledge, wisdom, and outright life-changing tips, tactics, techniques, and strategies for getting life-long strong while building resilience, athleticism, and most importantly, physical confidence in almost everything you do.
In this course you will learn:
- How to lay a solid foundation for life-long strength and resilience WITHOUT sacrificing your health in the process
- A 5-step sequence that can radically boost your raw strength and brute power in ANY kettlebell or calisthenics movement – and all you’ll need to do it is some floor space and less than 60 seconds to practice
- “The Magnificent 7” – the 7 major human strength movement patterns to master – and how to use the lesser-practiced ones to forge a bodacious boost in your gains in a fraction of the time
- “The Fantastic 4” – a secret series of 4 backdoor methods I use to help my students amplify their strength gains in far less time – legally and ethically! – by taking advantage of several widely known but rarely combined natural reflexes and responses of the body
- 3 ankle openers and 5 wrist drills to help you get yourself out of your own way while simultaneously protecting your body’s most delicate joints
- How to “smart stack” your exercises to make 1+1=3 in your training – by taking stock of of your body’s natural design and using it to your unfair advantage
- My no-BS rep cadence recommendations to help you squeeze more strength out of your training WITHOUT overdoing it on joint-wrenching, super high-volume workouts
- A handy-dandy ‘standards map’ to show you some good standards to aim at for well-developed strength from head to toe
- How to use “heretical” tactics that are frowned upon by the mainstream strength world – like isolation exercises, high reps, and *gasp* bodybuilding methods – to boost your strength to new and exciting heights while better PROTECTING your joints, muscles, and other soft tissues
- 3 “unapproved” methods for ratcheting up your strength in less time discovered by a variety of masters of strength – both old school and new
- Much, much more!
Crash Course in Rings
There’s an interview – sort of an old one, from maybe 2015 or so – that I was reading recently with Ido Portal.
If you’ve never heard of him, Ido is the movement trainer of none other than UFC bad boy and former lightweight AND welterweight champ Conor McGregor.
When asked by Men’s Journal “What should we do to get stronger” he replied:
“Gymnastics rings are the best tool out there for upper body strength development. It requires some education, but my mother, at 64, trains on the gymnastics rings.”
I thought this was especially cool, because that has been my experience as well: gymnastics rings just plain rock.
When I lived in Ido’s homeland of Israel, I used gymnastics rings to train just about everybody – from 15 year-old wiseacre kids looking to get in shape before the army to busy professionals seeking big gains in short workouts and even grandmas and grandpas looking to make their joints feel a bit better while making their bodies stronger and limber-er.
Whether your goal is to free up stuck joints, forge a more powerful body capable of all sorts of higher-level calisthenics and kettlebell strength feats, craft bigger muscles (like former Mr. Olympia Larry Scott, who used them to build a bodacious chest), rings have something for just about everyone.
That’s why I created my original Crash Course in Rings, and after two years I’ve learned so much I’ve decided to completely revamp the program and launch Crash Course in Rings 2.0.
In this program you’ll learn:
- Why gymnastics rings are “The Final Frontier” for forging eye-popping levels of strength in your Soft Machine – and how to use them even if you’re a relative novice
- The M.S.S. method for laying waste to weakness and clearing a bold and bodacious path toward new, unbridled levels of upper body power that can be used in your traditional calisthenics, kettlebell training, and more
- The German intellectual who developed gymnastics rings as a way of training to fight off Napoleon’s armies – and how he became ‘the Pavel of gymnastics rings’ in the process
- A 3-level approach to conquering the two main classes of upper body strength – SASS (straight-arm strength) and BAS (bent-arm strength)
- The Dynamic Duo of straight-arm work – L-sit and arched scap hang progressions – and how to use them to forge the foundation of upper body power that blasts through strength plateaus
- The ‘Core 4’ upper body bent-arm strength drills – pullups, dips, pushups, and rows – and 2 lower body ring drills that build surprisingly strong legs!
- my 3-step progression process for pullups and dips that allow you to work your way toward them even if you can’t yet do a single rep!
- The innovative Original Strength for Scapular Control routine – to help you unlock the power of your scapulae from the inside out
- #1 (almost) never-before-seen crawling variation dang-near GUARANTEED to give you unparalleled scapular control
- An innovative scap drill you can do with your kitchen sink (which one said helped him unlock his pullup power to the tune of finding he could do 15 pullups!)
- The dead-simple ring drill invented by a former gymnast to unlock your shoulders, scapulae, chest, biceps, and more for a resilient upper body
- The WRONG way to use rings for pushups, dips, and L-sits (and 1 simple tweak to fix this most common mistake)
- The ‘Big 3’ vectors for modifying your pushups and rows – to take them from ‘basic’ to downright brutal for carving unyielding upper body strength
- A fully-loaded 6-week program that is easily individualizable to your needs
- How to pair OS resets with ring drills for faster, harder-hitting strength results
- My #1 ‘heretical’ way of training straight-arm drills to give you even MORE strength in the same amount of time
- Much, much more
The Experimental Original Strength Protocol
Smash your strength plateaus!
Tear down the physical barriers holding you back from exciting new progress
Blaze a bold new path forward toward jaw-dropping, no BS ‘anti-fragile’ resilience & physical might
With the Experimental Original Strength Protocol!
In this 21-day protocol you will learn:
- Why the ‘standard issue’ resets may only take you so far – and how to methodically modify them for breakthrough levels of raw, unbridled resilience, physical freedom, and ‘movability’
- The ‘Fantastic 5’ simple, easy-to-apply modifications that can turn the fundamental resets into power tools against weakness and brittleness – while forging new levels of ‘anti-fragile’ strength
- “The Big 6” OS resets – breathing, neck nods, rolling, rocking, crawling, and standing cross crawls– and how to individualize each of them to your OWN unique needs
- Gain big on your strength and by using LESS range of motion on certain resets
- Why adding ‘complexity’ and resistance to your resets may help you break the shackles off of your frustrating, long-standing strength and movement deficiencies and help you speed ahead smoothly and safely
- Why ‘odd angle’ resets that take you BEYOND moving just forward and backward are an indispensable tool for bulletproofing your body – and how to determine which ones are right for you
- Some of the best OS reset variations you’ve never seen (let alone tried)!
- How to make good use of your light kettlebells and rubber bands to maximize and intensify your resets – WITHOUT overstressing your body or setting your gains back
- Much, much more