Take your strength levels from ‘bush league’ to…
There’s a saying I’m rather fond of that goes “if you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur.”
In other words: you’ll run into a lot more costly problems later on down the line by springing for some cheap ‘bush league’ worker in *anything* than you will a professional who knows how to do the job right the first time.
If you’ve never experienced this little nugget of wisdom for yourself, feel free to ask me all about how *I* know it sometime.
Anyway, nowhere is this truer than for your training.
Even without recruiting a top-o’-the-line trainer like Yours Jewly to help you crush weakness all the live-long day, most people understand the importance of training with good, quality technique and a solid, professionally-designed program.
Yet what most people still miss out on, overlook, and even deliberately IGNORE is the importance honing, sharpening, and fortifying a rock-solid foundation upon which they can build a bona fide launching pad toward eye-popping levels of power.
And while a great many kettlebell and calisthenics enthusiasts will gladly fantasize about knocking out a badazz heavy 1-arm military press, Tarzan-level pullups, or gravity-defying 1-arm pushups, these once-common feats of human might are becoming conspicuously rarer all the time.
In my experience, a lot of us have more of a tendency to try to impatiently ‘skip ahead’ and build on a shoddy foundation.
In much the same way that the Original Strength resets can almost magically skyrocket your strength and boost your brute power simply by filling in those gaps in your movement foundation that you never even knew you had, so, too, can foundational calisthenics drills annihilate your weaknesses and lay waste to your frustrating, long-standing strength doldrums and power plateaus.
Perhaps no movement better represents the human body’s ability to dominate gravity, bulletproof the joints, and level up to eye-popping levels of raw power than the mighty-yet-maligned pushup.
Not only were standard-issue pushups one of the go-to drills in the armory of just about every old school strongman, weightlifter, and physical culture expert from the Golden Age to today, but they are STILL one of my favorite go-to “secret weapons” for everyone from my consulting students to my full-blown 1-on-1 private coaching clients
The caveat is that you have to do them RIGHT.
Yet despite this fact, it is remarkably rare to see even the most seasoned of coaches, trainers, and kettlebell experts teach how to do a good pushup, let alone perform one themselves.
I’ve been tinkering with pushups and how to teach them for many years, and I’m convinced I have have developed one of the best, most no BS ways of maximizing the power of this foundational drill to radically transform not only your ability to do pushups, but potentially fundamentally reinvent your upper body strength – for greater ease in achieving feats like the one-arm pushup, the mega-heavy one-arm military press, the pullup, and more…
- WITHOUT complex mumbo-jumbo terminology
- WITHOUT confusing, esoteric verbal cues
- And WITHOUT even changing the program you’re currently on
All you have to do is learn the insider secrets that make it possible.
My 21-day challenge, Push League, will show you how.
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why the standard approach to pushups has failed you – and how just a few simple, easy-to-learn tweaks can put you back on the straight-and-narrow
- How a StrongFirst Team Leader used standard-issue bodyweight pushups to soothe his shoddy shoulders AND work his way back up to an EASY 1-arm press with the Beast (106 lb kettlebell) WITHOUT a warm up! (page 4)
- Why the 1st man to bench press 700 lbs credits pushups and other high-rep calisthenics drills for his success with the iron (page 5)
- A Master SFG’s dead-simple pushup routine for a pain-free more-than-bodyweight military press…Despite horribly painful and arthritic shoulders, limited range of motion, and being over 60 years of age (page 7)
- The 7 Deadly Pushup Sins! And how to seek – and achieve – redemption from them all (pages 9-18)
- The #1 pushup tip that helped busy mom and devoted Hammer Head Heather Tymensen to nail her first full-range-of-motion pushup in seconds (hint: if you can open a jar, you can do this “trick”) (page 10)
- Achey, breaky shoulders when you do pushups (or really *anything* with the upper body)? This drill on page 12 might just put an end to that.
- The ‘Han Solo’ technique from The Empire Strikes Back that can help you find your ideal hand position – for perfect pushups every time (page 18)
- A “secret” set up routine that fires up every nook, cranny, crevice, and corner of your upper body for nearly effortless pushup power (including getting your back muscles to HELP you with your pressing rather than doing nothing at all) (pages 19, 20, and 21)
- Why kettlebell master Pavel’s “Grease the Groove” approach may be the #1 way to annihilate weakness and conquer new, untold levels of strength – and how to apply it to your pushups (pages 24-27)
- The ONLY 3 pushup variations you absolutely need to radically transform your upper body strength and speed ahead
- A 21-day, Grease the Groove-based routine to add to your current workout regimen to potentially DOUBLE your pushup numbers while boosting your raw, upper body power
- Much, much more
Cost for this challenge is just $37, and you can get it here.
Between now and 11:59 pm February 2nd, I am tossing in these 3 mega-valuable bonuses to celebrate the triumphant release of Push League:
- The Ultimate Pushup Variety Guide – The handbook for taking your pushup strength from ‘weak’ to ‘freak’ in short order with some of the best, no BS pushup variations for raw, unbridled strength (including a variant that teaches you how to use your kettlebells to ratchet up your pec strength quickly, simply, and effectively) – ($29 value)
- 8 Killer Strategies for Building Brutish Upper Body Strength and Muscle with Pushups including 3 tried-and-true, never-fail tactics for cranking your pushup numbers through the roof, including one used by the evil Soviet Red Army for turning even the most malnourished of soldiers into a human weapon ($31 value)
- The Ultimate Upper Body Calisthenics Compendium – a distilled and refined collection of my favorite and most potent upper body calisthenics moves for strength domination – including tips on how to train calisthenics to smash your favorite upper body kettlebell lifts (a $24 value)
Here’s ye olde link one more time:
Questions? Let me know in my Facebook group The Hebrew Hammer’s Hidden Hideaway.
All right, gotta run. Have a great day, have fun, and happy training!