This month is a special month for me, friendo.
(Or maybe it’s next month. Truth be told, I really don’t remember the exact date, but bear with me for a second)
Right around this time 15 years ago, I first shook hand(le)s with the mighty kettlebell, and my life was never the same.
I don’t have too many regrets in life, but one thing I *do* absolutely regret is not getting any video footage of those first kettlebell workouts I did – not because I was an absolute ringer right from the outset, but rather the opposite; I sucked, big time. Looking at my technique from then to now would’ve been a sight to see.
Now, fortunately for me I was young (just barely 21), in good health, and had a large enough margin for error that a few wayward reps (or a lot, really) didn’t put me in a PT’s office, or worse, the emergency room.
If I had been getting my start today in my mid 30s – totally fresh, no real strength skills to speak of – I don’t know if I would’ve gotten off so lucky.
A lot has changed since then, particularly in terms of my philosophy and overall outlook on training.
Although I put a premium on strength training with my students (and they do the same), without question one of the non-negotiables I also give them at the exact same time is to prioritize their movability.
“Movability”, as I like to call it, is what I see as a combination of mobility, coordination, and movement competence throughout a variety of movement patterns. As luck would have it, it’s also one of the FASTEST ways I know to actually get a lot stronger, since it can not only radically cut down on the time it takes to learn a given skill, but it can continually sharpen and refine those skills as well.
And without question, the #1 skillset in the movability universe is the Original Strength resets.
Yet while most people have no problem jumping into routines with copious amounts of crawling, dead bugs, or other “secksy” movements, strangely enough people tend to completely overlook some of the drills out there that have the widest application toward taking your strength from ‘gentle’ to ‘mental’.
The perfect example of this is rocking.
Not only does it help you mobilize the various joints throughout your body, as most OS enthusiasts well know, but when done the way I show my students, it is also one of the most potent and widely applicable power tools I know to absolutely demolish your old plateaus, eliminate long-standing frustrations, and potentially even kickstart long-stalled progress toward new and exciting PRs – all while paving a path toward restoring your body’s natural resilience.
My brand-new, 21-day challenge aROCKalypse Now can lead the way.
In this challenge you will learn:
- Why rocking is the most criminally underrated movement in the OS Reset quintet – and how to use it to unleash hidden levels of unbridled strength you didn’t know you had while simultaneously bulldozing a bold and unstoppable path toward new and exciting heights of power
- How the most feared wrestler of all time used an advanced rocking variation as one of main, go-to strength and conditioning movements over his long and legendary career.
(Fun fact: this was a man who travelled the world and competed for over 50 years and over 5,000 matches without EVER losing a single contest, wrestling to a draw only twice and gaining the respect of every opponent he ever had.)(Even cooler: this same wrestler was one of Bruce Lee’s #1 influences, and this same ‘oddball’ rocking variation made it into the training regimen of Lee himself, contributing to the strength of yet another unstoppable martial arts legend) (see pages 8 and 9)
- A rarely-seen rocking variation used as a “secret weapon” in male gymnasts’ arsenal to bulletproof their joints, prepare them for advanced hand-balancing maneuvers, and conquer gravity…Yet gentle enough to be done by ANYONE (page 10)
- The two physical culture disciplines that the most legendary strongmen of all time (strangely enough) almost all had in common – and how you can take your first steps down their same path with rocking (pages 4-7)
- The Big 5 primary benefits of rocking for your body and your performance – and the “fantastic 4” HIDDEN benefits of rocking few teach about and even FEWER know about (pages 11-14)
- Do YOU make these ‘Core 4’ rocking mistakes? How to eliminate them almost instantly and speed ahead toward the golden path of greater gains (Pages 15-18)
- Harness to harness the full power of rocking by taking advantage of the Key 3 Categories of rocks – to leave no stone unturned and no PR undemolished (Pages 19, 20, and 21)
- A 21-day routine to tack on to your current workouts to help you potentially demolish the road blocks on your path and roar confidently forward toward new and exciting heights of strength, resilience, and head-to-toe movability
- Much, much more
Cost for this challenge is just $37.
Plus, to celebrate the maiden voyage of this first-of-its-kind challenge, I’m throwing in these 3 big, bodacious bonuses to boot (and please note: these bonuses will be made available in a few days, NOT immediately upon purchase; don’t want you getting distracted from the challenge at hand!)
- Rock Your Way to Greater Gains: My insiders’ guide to pairing select rocking variations with your favorite kettlebell and calisthenics moves – to maximize your gains by connecting one of your most fundamental of movement patterns to the advanced skills you want to learn, practice, and ultimately conquer ($36 value)
- aROCKalypse Now: Going Beyond – Take your newfound rocking prowess to the next level by taking on some of the ‘secret’ technique tweaks that not 1 in 100 Original Strength instructors or fanatics know about – and watch as your brute strength, raw resilience, and full-body movability soar sky high ($31 value)
- The aROCKalypse Now Specialized Variety Guide – Gain exclusive access to the world’s only resource on many of the “hidden and forbidden” rocking variations I’ve used throughout the years (both with myself and my students) to bulletproof the shoulders, wrists, ankles, hips, knees, and more – all with just a little floor space and some true grit ($33 value)
While the aROCKalypse Now challenge is here to stay, these bonuses will only be available until April 3rd, after which I’m going to hastily shuttle them into the back of my massive warehouse of material a la the ending scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark – so if you’re keen to turn your strength on its head and charge unapologetically forward toward unreal levels of gains, I wouldn’t dilly dally.
Hit ‘reply’ and we’ll chat.
Have fun and happy training!